Display of data is usually deemed reliable but is NOT guaranteed accurate. Prospects are responsible for verifying the accuracy of all information and should investigate the data themselves.

​​Post Office Box 6, Gum Spring VA 23065

(804) 339-6529 direct





What are your lease terms?  One year minimum.  Sixty days prior to expiration you will receive a renewal notice. Can I sub-lease if I want a short term?  No, we do not allow sub-leasing.

What fees are due to submit a rental application? $40 application fee is non-refundable (any applicant over the age of eighteen (18) plus application deposit equal to one months rent.  By submitting your application you are approving Norman Investments, LLC to pull your credit/back ground checks and shared with the owner.

What are your rental requirement?  You can click on the link below far right.  But here is a quick re-cap: copy of your photo ID, Minimum credit score of 625, credit/back ground checks. The landlord will look for issues such as: evictions, lawsuits or judgments, repossessions, and late payments or defaults on other debts, such as credit cards. Solid rental and work history, each applicant income must be 3 times the rental amount and you must provide us with your last 2 pay-stubs, if self employed last 2 year tax returns along with a copy of your recent bank statement. If on Disability or Veteran Benefits a copy of your Annual Statement must be provided. If relocating, a copy of your employment engagement letter stating salary range, start date. Bankruptcy or Discharge must be a min of 24 months. You can count on the fact that the landlord will look at the date that you filed for bankruptcy, and many will be hesitant to rent to you during the two years immediately following the bankruptcy case.  

What do I do to rent one of your homes?  Visit the home with one of our agents or another real estate agent.  Read the rental requirements and  signed the disclosure of brokerage relationship

Completed the online rental application by clicking the link to your right:  

Once you've completed and uploaded all the supporting documents and paid the application fee $40.00 (per applicant over the age of 18) we will contact you within 48-72 hours.


Do you require Renters Insurance?  Yes, we do and Norman Investments, LLC must be listed as a certificate holder.  

What if I fall short of your requirements, can I use a Guarantor?  Yes, they must also complete the rental application credit/back ground checks and pay the $40 application fee and their income must exceed six (6) times the monthly rent.

Once I submit an application will you hold the property?  No, we do not hold properties until a Lease Agreement has been executed and the Security Deposit has been paid.

When is the rent due and how can I pay my rent?
Rent is due on the 1st of each month and is late after the 5th of the month.  After the 5th of the month rent payment shall be in the form of a cashiers check or money order a late fee $150 will apply.
Mail your payment to Norman Investments, LLC PO Box 6, Gum Spring VA 23065 (post marks will not be considered) OR  Pay online by clicking on the tenant link then choose Pay Rent!  Fees do apply (Pay no later than the 1st it takes approx. 3-5 days for the payment to post to your account).

Can I pre-pay in advance?  A landlord and a tenant may agree in a rental agreement that the tenant pay prepaid rent. If a landlord (or to be held by the property manager) receives prepaid rent, it shall be placed in an escrow account in a federally insured depository authorized to do business in Virginia by the end of the fifth business day following receipt and shall remain in the account until such time as the prepaid rent becomes due. Unless the landlord has otherwise become entitled to receive any portion of the prepaid rent, it shall not be removed from the escrow account required by this section without the written consent of the tenant.

What is a Security Deposit and how is it used and held?  A landlord may not demand or receive a security deposit, however denominated, in an amount or value in excess of two months' periodic rent. Upon termination of the tenancy, such security deposit, whether it is property or money held by the landlord as security as hereinafter provided may be applied solely by the landlord (i) to the payment of accrued rent and including the reasonable charges for late payment of rent specified in the rental agreement; (ii) to the payment of the amount of damages which the landlord has suffered by reason of the tenant's noncompliance, less reasonable wear and tear; (iii) to other damages or charges as provided in the rental agreement; or (iv) to actual damages for breach of the rental agreement. The security deposit and any deductions, damages and charges shall be itemized by the landlord or property management in a written notice given to the tenant, together with any amount due the tenant within 45 days after the termination date of the tenancy. As of the date of the termination of the tenancy or the date the tenant vacates the dwelling unit, whichever shall last occur, the tenant shall be required to deliver possession of the dwelling unit to the landlord. If the termination date is prior to the expiration of the rental agreement or any renewal thereof, or the tenant has not given proper notice of termination of the rental agreement, the tenant shall be liable for actual damages, in which case, the landlord shall give written notice of security deposit disposition within the 45-day period but may retain any security balance to apply against any financial obligations of the tenant to the landlord pursuant to this chapter or the rental agreement. If the tenant fails to vacate the dwelling unit as of the termination of the tenancy, the landlord may file an unlawful detainer. Where there is more than one tenant subject to a rental agreement, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by each of the tenants, disposition of the security deposit shall be made with one check being payable to all such tenants and sent to a forwarding address provided by one of the tenants. The landlord shall make the security deposit disposition within the 45-day time period, but if no forwarding address is provided to the landlord, the landlord may continue to hold such security deposit in escrow. If a tenant fails to provide a forwarding address to the landlord to enable the landlord to make a refund of the security deposit, upon the expiration of one year from the date of the end of the 45-day time period, the landlord may remit such sum to the State Treasurer as unclaimed property on a form prescribed by the administrator that includes the name, social security number, if known, and the last known address of each tenant on the rental agreement. If the landlord or managing agent is a real estate licensee, compliance with this paragraph shall be deemed compliance with § 54.1-2108 and corresponding regulations of the Real Estate Board.

Nothing in this section shall be construed by a court of law or otherwise as entitling the tenant, upon the termination of the tenancy, to an immediate credit against the tenant's delinquent rent account in the amount of the security deposit. The landlord shall apply the security deposit in accordance with this section within the 45-day time period. However, provided the landlord has given prior written notice in accordance with this section, the landlord may withhold a reasonable portion of the security deposit to cover an amount of the balance due on the water, sewer, or other utility account that is an obligation of the tenant to a third-party provider under the rental agreement for the dwelling unit, and upon payment of such obligations the landlord shall provide written confirmation to the tenant within 10 days thereafter, along with payment to the tenant of any balance otherwise due to the tenant. In order to withhold such funds as part of the disposition of the security deposit, the landlord shall have so advised the tenant of his rights and obligations under this section in (a) a termination notice to the tenant in accordance with this chapter, (b) a vacating notice to the tenant in accordance with this section, or (c) a separate written notice to the tenant at least 15 days prior to the disposition of the security deposit. Any written notice to the tenant shall be given in accordance with § 55-248.6.

The landlord shall notify the tenant in writing of any deductions provided by this subsection to be made from the tenant's security deposit during the course of the tenancy. Such notification shall be made within 30 days of the date of the determination of the deduction and shall itemize the reasons in the same manner as provided in subsection B. Such notification shall not be required for deductions made less than 30 days prior to the termination of the rental agreement. If the landlord willfully fails to comply with this section, the court shall order the return of the security deposit to the tenant, together with actual damages and reasonable attorney fees, unless the tenant owes rent to the landlord, in which case, the court shall order an amount equal to the security deposit credited against the rent due to the landlord. In the event that damages to the premises exceed the amount of the security deposit and require the services of a third party contractor, the landlord shall give written notice to the tenant advising him of that fact within the 45-day period. If notice is given as prescribed in this paragraph, the landlord shall have an additional 15-day period to provide an itemization of the damages and the cost of repair. This section shall not preclude the landlord or tenant from recovering other damages to which he may be entitled under this chapter. The holder of the landlord's interest in the premises at the time of the termination of the tenancy, regardless of how the interest is acquired or transferred, is bound by this section and shall be required to return any security deposit received by the original landlord that is duly owed to the tenant, whether or not such security deposit is transferred with the landlord's interest by law or equity, regardless of any contractual agreements between the original landlord and his successors in interest.

B. The landlord shall:

1. Maintain and itemize records for each tenant of all deductions from security deposits provided for under this section which the landlord has made by reason of a tenant's noncompliance with § 55-248.16, or for any other reason set out herein, during the preceding two years; and

2. Permit a tenant or his authorized agent or attorney to inspect such tenant's records of deductions at any time during normal business hours.

C. Upon request by the landlord to a tenant to vacate, or within five days after receipt of notice by the landlord of the tenant's intent to vacate, the landlord shall provide written notice to the tenant of the tenant's right to be present at the landlord's inspection of the dwelling unit for the purpose of determining the amount of security deposit to be returned. If the tenant desires to be present when the landlord makes the inspection, he shall so advise the landlord in writing who, in turn, shall notify the tenant of the time and date of the inspection, which must be made within 72 hours of delivery of possession. Following the move-out inspection, the landlord shall provide the tenant with a written security deposit disposition statement, including an itemized list of damages. If additional damages are discovered by the landlord after the security deposit disposition has been made, nothing herein shall be construed to preclude the landlord from recovery of such damages against the tenant, provided, however, that the tenant may present into evidence a copy of the move-out report to support the tenant's position that such additional damages did not exist at the time of the move-out inspection.

Do you have a non smoking policy?  Yes, all of our rentals are non smoking including garages and sheds.

Can I get a pet when or after I move in?

Most of our rentals have a no pet policy.  However, we must get all pets approved by the owner. Before you adopt or purchase a pet, you MUST get written approval, sign a pet policy/addendum and pay the pet fee $350 and up non refundable fee plus monthly pet fee, varies by property.  If you do NOT get approval and move a pet into the property, you may be evicted. 

Can I repair the broken items myself and get reimbursed for repairs? No, we will not reimburse for any repair work done. Please submit "Maintenance Request" by clicking on TENANTS LINK then MAINTENANCE REQUEST or by logging into you COZY.CO tenant account.

Can I make alterations to the property after I move in?  You must have written permission from the owner to install blinds, internet/cable and  paint we will need specifics, such as color choice and brand. If you paint something or change something without our approval, you will be charged to restore the house to its original condition! Any alterations will become permanent and must be left after you vacate.  If you paint, with owners approval you must re-paint before you vacate back to the original color.

What is Quiet Enjoyment? To hold and enjoy the leased premises.  What if my neighbors are noisy and what can I do?  Honesty is the best policy and by speaking to them personally.  We have found that in most cases noisy neighbors do not realize that their music is to loud or a loud party  However, most Counties do have a noise ordinance between 11 p.m. - 6 a.m. if you are not sure call your local non emergency number.  IF its a domestic dispute call 911 immediately!

Can I use my Security Deposit for last months rent?  No, security deposits can not be used for last months rent.  A security deposit is a deposit of money to the landlord to ensure that rent will be paid and other responsibilities of the lease performed (e.g., paying for damage caused by the tenant) less normal wear and tear.  Who holds my security deposit?  Norman Investments, LLC holds the SD in a non bearing Escrow account for the Landlord.

How long will it take for me to get my Security Deposit back? By law It can take up to 45 days.   IF the property is left in a less than desirable state, repairs, expenses will be deducted. Any monies owed to tenant will be sent to your forwarding address along with a disbursed report.  Why so long?  You must provide us proof of payment of any utilities, including, cable, telephone, electric, etc. 

What should I do in an emergency? In case of fire or flood or other major emergencies, please dial 911. Then contact Benita Norman at (804) 339-6529.  For any non-emergency request please clicking on the tenant link then click on Maintenance Request.

I'm ready to move, what do I need to do? All notices are to be in writing please refer to your lease agreement for notification terms.  You will be required to vacate by noon on the last day of the rental period.  Contact us 72 hours prior to move out to schedule your move out inspection.  Remember to clean clean clean. The premises should be left in the same condition if not better thnt day you moved in - minus normal wear and tear.

Can you help if I decide to purchase a home?
  Yes, Benita Norman is a licensed real estate agent in Virginia you can reach her directly by email benita@warriorrealty.com or calling (804) 339-6529.  You must sign a Buyer Agency Agreement prior to starting your search.